Wednesday, May 14, 2014

CTMH-- Father's Day Cards with Artiste and Timberline

Hello, I'm here with some Father's Day cards-- I know, I know.. we just celebrated Mother's Day! But its never a bad idea to get ahead of the game!

For the first card, I was inspired by a sketch from Deconstructed-- #DS10. I used CTMH's "You're the Best" stamp set.  I paired it up with the new Timberline paper line.  I had some left over chipboard shapes. To give the yellow card-stock that same look, I used the new CTMH's Striped Embossing folder.
I used Ponderosa Pine to stamp the sentiments and inked everything in Desert Sand.
 Here is a close up.  I randomly stamp the tools on the wood paper with Chocolate ink.
Just like an ugly sweater contest, I'm sure our fathers could enter in an ugly shirt contest!  With that in mind, I created this card by using the CTMH Artiste cartridge.  I just cut it out 5 inches and scored it were the lines were.  Sooo easy!

To make the tie as tacky as the shirt, I stamped on a hounds-tooth pattern. Don't you like my little handkerchief:)
Here are both cards.  I'll be teaching a class with these cards in May/June. Have to make 2 more!














Thanks for stopping by and I hope I inspired you to get cracking on those cards!  Need some help, then let me know.  I'll be selling little kits to non-local crafters.  Thanks again, Maureen:)

Supplies
Paper:  Timberline (X7182B)
Stamps:  You're the Best (C1571); My Hero (B1448); Distressed Backgrounds (D1544)
Inks:  Ponderosa Pine (Z2145); Desert Sand (Z2118); Chocolate (Z2111)
Other:  Striped Embossing Folder, Brown Twine (Z1921), Corrugated Shapes (retired); Durable Triangles Studs (Z1928); and the Artiste Cricut Cartridge (Z1790)
Pin It!

2 comments:

Knitredsox said...

Love them! The shirt w/ hankie is adorable!

Maureen said...

Thanks so much Suzanne!

Post a Comment