Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all doing well.

I've been scrapbooking since my daughter was 4 and now she is 22!!  That is a LONG time.  Over the years, my style has changed from the Creative Memories circles and punches to LO's with many types of product-- twine, metal, enamel, paper, stickers, pop-ups, flips flaps, inking, stamping, cricut cuts-- you name it!

But there has been something I've been avoiding-- mixed media.  The closest I've come to mixed media is splattering paint onto pages.  Lately, I've been watching other designers create and love how they splash some color on by using water coloring or textured paint.  

Fortunately, CTMH is now offering a variety of mixed media products.  This will certainly push me even more!  

For the LO below, I used CTMH's Textured Paste and mixed in a few drops of Lemonade re-inker.  I then used one of CTMH's new stencils and made the yellow +'s below.  

 
Next, I splattered on some Black shimmer. 

Here is a closer look:

 As with anything you try, there are ways to improve.  If I could do this LO again, I'd splatter on some light Pink paint splotches instead of Black.  I'd also tone down the daubing and use a lighter color.  But overall, I'm okay-- I was able to document this event for my daughter and try something new!

Thanks for stopping by and see the mixed media products used below.

Maureen

Palette KnivesTexture Paste TrioStencil Pack 3


Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment